Managing difficult people at work and dealing with difficult people in your private life is always tough work. These people can be frustrating, annoying, irritating and stressful. Many times the advice you receive is about directly communicating with these difficult people. However, the vital need for preparation and planning is overlooked.
MANAGING DIFFICULT PEOPLE AND 12 STEPS IN DEALING WITH PEOPLE
So here is a summary of my 12 top steps to help you in managing difficult people. You can write them down and you can also read the full article on managing difficult people that expands on each of these 12 steps…
1. Listen with both your eyes and ears to what is going on around you.
2. Do not try to ignore it all because this will not disappear and go away.
3. Change your mindset and this will change and alter everything else.
4. Change your responses in this learning experience.
5. Be objective not subjective.
6. Aim to be professional and calm.
7. Look from the outside in.
8. Choose your battles carefully.
9. Strive to open and honest.
10. Remain respectful of other people.
11. Have empathy for another person.
12. Prepare to go deeper and under the surface.
SUCCESS IN MANAGING DIFFICULT PEOPLE
These 12 steps provide a successful foundation for you in dealing with difficult people at work and outside of work. To read the full managing difficult people article just click here.
THANKS TO THOSE WHO SENT IN THEIR THOUGHTS
Also, thanks to everyone who sent through their advice on the questions we asked in the previous blog post. Your advice and thoughts were very much appreciated. Thank you again.
YOUR FREE DEALING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE GUIDE
Do you know of others that would like to read these ideas. Then tell them to visit our website for great ideas at http://www.dealingwithdifficultpeople.com
Have you also claimed your Free introductory Guide yet? If not, just sign up with your first name and email address to the right and you will have instant access to your Guide on Dealing with Difficult People.